Fyvie Castle is the finest example of Scottish Baronial
architecture. Fully restored and furnished to its former glory by the
National Trust for Scotland. The Castle has five towers, each built and
named after one of the five families who owned it in succession.
On the south
side, the Meldrum Tower is on the left, the Preston Tower to the right, and in
the centre the Seton Tower forms a grand arched entrance. This is the work of
Alexander Seton, Earl of Dunfermline, in 1599. He created a
fantasy of corbelled turrets, parapet, carved dormer windows and
armorial panels, and to whom we owe it's overall design.